Migrants Crime Prevention
The crime prevention program is an awareness activity in which NRCME builds awareness among the migrants that they are equipped with knowledge and information regarding the activities that may cause or results in breaking the Australian laws and regulations. NRCME’s crime prevention program entails ensuring that migrants do not engage in any illegal activities through support mechanisms.
The crime prevention programs of the migrant target vulnerable groups such as young people since they are most likely to be lured to commit crimes such as road rules, alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Assistance in filing victims compensation claims
- Strengths-based case management
- Safety Planning
- Counseling referrals
- Assistance during court appearances and victims impact statements
- Referrals to legal services
- Community outreach
- Information and referrals to local, state, and national resources