Community Support Programs
English for Beginners: Intensive Spoken English Course
Who should take this course: This is a must-have English course for full beginners who want to hit the intermediate stage of spoken English as quickly as possible?
- How to publicly communicate and respond to queries in simple words.
- Build understanding on how words in sentences “blend” when English is spoken at a natural speed.
- Learn a simple “song” in English and how it helps with pronunciation!
- Practice the most important “rules” of spoken English in recorded conversations when speaking publicly!
- A monitor, mobile, or phone with adequate speakers or headphones. (This allows you to understand the pronunciation very clearly.)
- You’ll need earphones, or you can use the ones provided by NRCME for the courses.
- It is not mandatory to have any prior knowledge of English.
Migrants, Refugees or Asylum Seeker Coronavirus Risk Awareness
- This course provides qualified science and technology information about corona virus.
- Provides knowledge that is easy to understand and remember how to take care of your family health.
- This course explains how you can get caught up and the techniques to guide you to stop habits and keeps you focused and safe.
- With a better understanding and the techniques to improve situational awareness, individuals will be able to protect themselves from the health impacts of the corona virus in any situation.
- Due to its importance, this course is available to people from all working environments.
- This course will focus more on the health of migrants, refugees, or asylum seekers targeting family members and the home environment.
Basic Computer skills
- This course basic computer program will increase productivity through learning basic computer skills migrants, refugees or
asylum seekers. Included are:
- An introduction to computers,
- Microsoft windows,
- The apple mac.
- This course is for people who have never used a computer or laptop.
- Technology is gradually taking over the world; thus, and this course ensures that parents are not left behind, and they can carry out simple tasks like responding to emails, etc.
New arrival – Financial Managing Course
- Migrants and refuges arriving in Australia, will find this course focus on teaching participants how to manage their money easily.
- Participants will learn how they can save money in different areas, when shopping, or personal hygiene, medicine, grocery, food, gifts, trips, utilities, and much more.
Some of the lessons included in this course include.
- How to save money: make sensible decisions on money
- How to use and spend credit and credit cards
- Simple information on how money works for you in Australia
- Simple plan for developing specific financial goals
- Understand monthly household budget
- How do you track expenses?
- How to pick a bank or credit card, or insurance for family
Simple Australian privacy law – awareness for migrants, refugees, or asylum seekers
In Australia privacy is a very important matter. In This course is about Australian privacy law and awareness.
- You will learn how to protect the privacy of your personal information.
- You will explore key workplace information privacy concerns.
Basic Fire Safety Awareness
To help participants developed a better understanding of;
- What is fire, its types/classification, and how to extinguish it
- Fire hazards •
- How fire spreads and how to control it
- Types of fire extinguishers, how to use and inspect them
- Fire risk assessment, how to perform FRA
Note: This course will be taught using simple English easily understandable by migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers in Australia
Racial Profiling Awareness
Understand and overcome the challenges of living in a multigenerational environment with these simple steps to leverage age diversity.
Foster a safe and respectful environment for others through learning how to treat ethnic & racial differences with respect.
Awareness and Emotional Control: The Key Success Factor
To promote emotional self-awareness beneficial to personal and professional life and speed up self-transformation.
Our target group consists of migrant families who have a sincere commitment to personal growth and are willing to devote time and effort to practice the skills needed to improve their relationships at all levels.
Child Abuse Awareness Prevention & Management Course
This is a basic course about Awareness, Prevention and ways to deal the problem of child abuse in a simplified manner.
To help participants develop a better understanding of.
- Overall view about child abuse
- Several types of child abuse
- Risk factors and consequences of child abuse
- How to identify signs of sexual abuse in your child
- How and whom to inform about child sexual abuse
- Management of child sexual abuse
- What should be the parent’s behaviour towards a sexually abused child
- Ways of prevention of child abuse
- Tips for parents about child sexual abuse Take away message about child abuse
Special Education for Migrant Parents with Disabled Children – More Like Counselling
Parents with a disabled child can have a challenging time trying to raise their child, which can be difficult at times. This course has been created for migrant parents who may need assistance at times to find actions to help them cope for any adverse events pertaining to the events happening with their child.
This course will assist overwhelmed parents to learn coping strategies on dealing with any event:
- Parents of children with disabilities will learn to navigate the world of special education.
- Parents will learn more about the right of the Children with disability,
- Learn about the safety concerns and attitudes of other parents and children with disabilities